Monday, November 15, 2010

Log: Week 6

Monday
Woke up with a terrible pain in my left foot, but went to work anyway. Every gear shift was a torture, I tell you. On reaching office it was already too pain to walk so I went to a clinic but the doctor could find nothing wrong and just gave painkillers. And an MC.

Earlier in the day Aw and Ashley were working on the KLIA cluster and had some logging problems in a few areas, so me and Ivan are supposed to cover those places:
Kg Tengah (there seems to be a Kg Tengah everywhere), Tmn Langat Murni, Desa Vista, Tmn Kenanga, Tmn Mawar, Tmn Dahlia, Tmn Seroja, Bandar Baru Salak Tinggi.

Done at around 1:30am. If i hadn't waited so long at the clinic we could have finished before midnight! It's a miracle they didn't give us a second cluster.

Tuesday
Erm, since I had an MC, i just had to use it, right?

Wednesday
Called to work in the afternoon. Looks like my night days are over. More patching up work on the Seri Kembangan cluster with Ivan:
Kg Baru Seri Kembangan, Tmn Perindustrian Bukit Serdang, Tmn Serdang Raya.

I still somehow prefer day, even with the longer hours.

Thursday
These days everyone are doing cluster KPIs, which are basically a final set of tests to pass off an entire area as "passed", which include coverage, ping and MOS tests (it's anything but Euphoric). A MOS test is basically to test voice quality, here's how it works: there'll be two teams, one will be static (termination point) and another mobile (origination point). The static team will sit at a place with good signal while the mobile team will go around the cluster route in an MPV, all the while making calls to the termination point.
I'll be static today with senior Jin, while Praba and Feili from YTL Comms will be mobile.

Static point: Papparich from morning till night. Man. The whole day was plagued with problems.

Friday
Guess what... Yesterday punya tests tak boleh pakai because of network problems so we'll just have to redo it. All. Over. Again.

Saturday
Coverage tests for the Kota Kemuning cluster with Feili and my third roomate, Hui:
Hicom Industrial Estate, Tmn Bunga Negara, Alam Indah, Tmn Alam Megah, Putra Heights, Kota Kemuning, Bukit Rimau, Kg Sri Gambut, Kg Bukit Naga.

Very easy, just glance at the screen from time to time and make sure everything's running.

I got tomorrow off, amen! Which means I get to watch the season finale of F1...

On hindsight why the heck did i worry so much about my industrial training months ago? God had it all taken care of. I'm glad I'm here, in fact I can almost bet my ass that ours is the most interesting one among our classmates'.

Launch is this Friday, say YES, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment